Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #6 Flickr fun

Wow, spent way more time with this than I thought I would. Still not sure how to edit pictures in Flickr - when I previewed ones to import they were right side up, in set on Flickr they are sideways now. I'll go back and play more to fix these later. I tried to do a mosaic for my children about my granddaughter but it kept saying the pictures were unavailable. Another argh. So I tried the trading card. Yea! success! Now to get the children to sign up and join Flickr to share pics.
I have a tiny library with no space to display posters etc. I want to change my birthday book program to include pictures of the people who participate and the trading card will be perfect to use. I can put the name of the child, their birthday and the title of the book they selected. I can put these on the sides of bookcases. I can also see using the trading cards to publicize books and get students who read the book to write a review. Then I can put them in an album.

1 comment:

Off the Shelf Librarian said...

I like your ideas for use of the Trading cards. You might use a picture and a website for teachers to collect. Give them one of the Trading cards when they collaborate with you on a project or lesson. Some of the sites we are learning about might be a good start. Let them know you would check out their work if they would like the input.